Get Paid for Telemedicine: Non-Face-to-Face Services
In 2017, you CAN get paid for telemedicine (non-face-to-face) services by both Medicare and Private Payers. The new codes and payment guidelines being introduced cross multiple specialties and expand reimbursement for a variety of non-face-to-face services that you might not expect to be included (many of which you probably provide now and are just not being paid for).
In addition to the new codes being introduced next year by Medicare, 32 states now have laws requiring private payers to pay for telemedicine services. The problem is that correctly coding and billing for telemedicine is complicated, but get it right and the financial reward can be significant - but you have to know how….
That’s where national coding expert, Catrena Smith, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CIC, CPC-I, CRC, CHTS-PW, comes in. During a 60-minute online training session, Catrena will walk you through exactly how to correctly code and bill for telemedicine (non-face-to-face) services so you can finally get paid more of what you deserve.
Here are just a few of the practical, step-by-step tactics you’ll receive by ordering this online training:
• Comply with “originating site” Medicare requirements to an
audit and repayments
• Master modifiers GT and GQ consultation codes
• Determine which of your services actually qualify to be
paid as telemedicine
• Discover how critical care codes fit into your telemedicine
• Pin down what CPT codes can be used telemedicine and
how to submit them
• Uncover how geographic region and scope of service
play into billing telemedicine
• Identify the required technology that make billing for
these services possible (you may already have it)
• Take advantage of Medicare Advantage telemedicine payments
• And so much more…
IMPORTANT: Reimbursement is now available for non-face-to-face care for a variety specialties and services such as: Mental Health, Transitional Care Management, Prolonged Services, Emergency Medicine, Long-Term Care Facilities, Diabetes, End-Stage Renal Disease, Smoking Cessation, Alcohol and Substance Abuse, Annual Wellness Visit, etc.
Stop providing telemedicine (non-face-to-face) services to your patients for free. You deserve to be reimbursed for these services, and the new code and payment guidelines that went into effect this year make it possible – if you know how. Also, most provider types are included depending on the services provided.
Capture all allowable reimbursement possible for the expertise and assistance offer by your practice. In only 60-minutes you can learn how to accurately code and submit your telemedicine (non-face-to-face) claims. Don’t wait, order today.
With over 16 years’ experience in the Health Information Management Industry, Catrena is a nationally recognized speaker and has published numerous articles in professional journals and magazines. She is a former AAPC Local Chapter President, serves as a HIM student/new graduate mentor for multiple organizations and has served as an Advisory Committee member of a local college for several years. Catrena prides herself in helping to grow the next generation of health information management professionals.
This program meets AAPC guidelines for 1.0 CEU. On Demand product requires successful completion of a Post-Test for Core A and all specialties except CIRCC and CASCC for continuing education units.
“Webinar was very well put together and great and she was very knowledgeable. Thank you!”
- Evie Dixon, Medical Coder, Interior Community Health Center, Fairbanks, AK
“The content was good. Clearly Catrina is well versed in her area of expertise.”
- Pamela Harris, Medical Doctor, Centers for Whole Health PLLC, Fayetteville, NC
“Very informative, good speaker!”
- Nakija Jones, Director Of Performance Outcomes, North Carolina Specialty Hospital, Durham, NC
“Well Educated Speaker, Kept me involved!”
- Kevin Means, Reimbursement Specialist, BioCardia Diagnostics, Inc., Brookline, MA
“Good information, good references, speaker was good/able to keep us engaged--and awake!”
- Terra Julian, Physician Office Coding Manager, Appalachian Regional Healthcare System, Boone, NC
“I liked this very much. Good Information!”
- Miriam Kells, Patient Accounts Lead, Family Health Center, Okanogan, WA
“Very concise and informative. Good webinar!”
- Debra Kato, Director Clinical Informatics, HVHS, Beaver, PA
“Very informative. Catrena was very organized and easy to follow.”
- Diane Baker, Director, Billing Representative, Audrain County Health Department, Mexico, MO
“Speaker was very well educated, stayed on task and demonstrated good time management skills. It was very informative.”
- Jeff Kingery, President-HMH Medical Group, Hardin Memorial Health, Elizabethtown, KY
“Good paced program and easy to access and listen. Started on time, ended on time.”
- Laura Carlson, Nurse Manager, Michigan State University Center for Bleeding and Clotting Disorders, East Lansing, MI
“Speaker very well spoken - she moved right on through the information but didn't rush through it, nothing negative to say.”
- Lisa Mcgrew, Billing Coordinator, Hand and Microsurgery Associates, Columbus, OH
“I enjoyed it. She hit the important topics we needed for the subject.”
- Tim Shannon, CEO, 24/7 Kid Doc, Newton, NC
“The information was good.”
- Lisa Kimsey, Senior Operations Manager, LA LGBT Center, Los Angeles, CA
“Presentation style was simple and easy to follow.”
- Rachelle Longo, Director, Ochsner, New Orleans, LA
“Very informative, I enjoyed the webinar.”
- Amy McDaniel, CEO, Iowa Specialty Hospital, Belmond, IA
“The webinar was very informative, overall the webinar was good.”
- Angela Murrillo, Telehealth Program Specialist, Adventist Health, Clearlake, CA
“Handout was useful.”
- Mindy Hunter, Director, NCBH, Oklahoma City, OK
- Patricia Cardoze, Director, Radiation Oncology, Beaumont Health, Royal Oak, MI