Moderate Sedation 2017 CPT Update
Your reimbursement for moderate sedation service is at significant risk of being lost next year based on the new CPT 2017 changes.
Starting Jan. 1st, moderate sedation services will be UNBUNDLED from over 400 procedures (previously identified with a bullseye symbol in CPT Appendix G). This means that the reimbursement associated with these 400+ procedures has been removed from the code to account for the change. So, the ONLY way you can continue to get paid for sedation is to correctly apply the new 2017 CPT sedation codes. Otherwise, you’ll end up providing these services for free.
But there is something you can do about it…
Nationally recognized CPT coding expert and educator, Jill Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC, is presenting a practical, step-by-step, training session targeting these 2017 moderate sedation CPT code changes. In only 90-minutes, you’ll learn EXACTLY how to accurately apply these new codes so you can continue to be paid for the sedation services you offer.
IMPORTANT: If you code for any of the over 400 procedures that have been unbundled from sedation services, this is a must-attend session. These specialties include: Anesthesia, Cardiology, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Otolaryngology, Ob-Gyn, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Plastics, Pulmonology and Urology (for both office and ASC procedures).
Here are just a few of the coding tactics you’ll receive by completing this training:
• Get paid for sedation when the same physician performs the procedure
and provides sedation
• Learn whether you can increase your reimbursement when separate
physicians perform the procedure AND sedation
• Uncover additional reimbursement for complicated, longer
procedures with sedation
• Cut denials by deciphering documentation and time rules associated
with codes 99151-99157 (and new code G0500)
• Determine how utilizing an anesthesia professional will affect your
reimbursement for sedation
• And so much more…
Don’t risk losing your reimbursement for the moderate sedation you provide. Don’t delay, order today.
Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC
Ms. Young founded her company 11 years ago to meet the education and compliance needs of physicians and their staff. She has over 30 years of medical experience working in all areas of the medical practice including clinical, billing and rounding with physicians.
Her valuable advice is sought after regularly by numerous publications, webinars, seminars and private practices. Her background gives her a unique style of teaching using real life examples of coding and billing situations.
This program meets AAPC guidelines for 1.5 CEUs. On Demand product requires successful completion of a Post-Test for Core A, CASCC and CANPC for continuing education units.
“Handouts were excellent , easy to follow and good to write notes on. It was a great webinar, it won't be easy to explain all these updates to the physicians though.”
- Mary Brigham, Senior Medical Coding/Billing Specialist, Gastroenterology Associates, LLP, Williamsville NY
“It was very narrowly focused which allowed for in-depth review of that topic”
- Lori-Anne Malonson, Consultant, Northwest System Design, Peabody MA
“The subject matter was great!”
- Elizabeth Guistina, Coding Consultant, First Class Solutions, Inc., Maryland Heights MO
"Overall the subject was well organized and explained the upcoming code changes"
- Patrician Gould, Paralegal, Patrician Gould, Paralegal, Loomis CA
"I thought it was a good presentation!!".
- Sharon Gilreath, A/R Supervisor, Gastroenterology Associates, Kingsport TN