Medicare is going after incorrectly paid claims more aggressively than ever. That means audits are on the rise, and your chances of being targeted just shot through the roof. So, if you’re not complying with Advanced Beneficiary Notice of Noncoverage (ABN) form regulations, you risk getting hit with significant financial liability and sanctions.
Medicare’s ABN form is tricky. Get it right, and yo can collect denied funds directly from your patients. Get it wrong, and you’re left writing off tens of thousands in “not medically necessary” denials.
The problem is there are only certain circumstances when you’re required to have a patient sign an ABN. And having patients sign the form when they don’t have to can land you in just as much trouble as not getting it signed at all. You can find out how to more accurately utilize this critical and confusing form by taking advantage of this online training session by coding expert Leonta (Lee) Williams, RHIT, CCS, CCDS, CPC, CPCO, CEMC, CHONC, CRC, AAPC Fellow.
The only way for you to collect every penny you’re entitled to is to master the use of Medicare’s ABN form. Here are just some of the questions you’ll be able to answer after taking advantage of this how-to, step-by-step 60-minute online training session:
Who is this for? If you’re receiving denials or writing off charges for services deemed ‘not medically necessary, or if you don’t have proper front-end processes in place based on coverage benefit policies, you should take advantage of this session. For maximum benefit, attendees should possess a basic knowledge of Medicare’s billing policies and should be familiar with reporting modifiers.
Medicare reimbursement is specific to services deemed “reasonable and medically necessary.” Without the accurate use of the ABN form, you are risking serious financial and legal headaches. By taking advantage of this online training session, you’ll get the who, what, when, why and how of an ABN. You’ll get everything you need to utilize this form correctly, ensure your compliance, and collect all the reimbursement you’re ethically entitled to. Don’t wait, sign up today.
You take no risk whatsoever. If you find this essential session doesn't meet your expectations or you are not satisfied for any reason, simply let us know.
Lee Williams has over 15 years’ experience as a coding director, auditor, educator, trainer, practice manager and mentor. She is presently the Director of Coding Operations at a large physician practice. In this role, some of her responsibilities include physician and staff education, risk mitigation, outpatient CDI and managing remote coding personnel. Lee is founder and the current president of the local Covington, GA AAPC chapter, and currently serves on AAPC’s National Advisory Board representing Region 4. Lee is a national speaker and highly credentialed through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (ACDIS) and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). She holds a degree in Health Information Technology and is a certified coder, compliance officer and clinical documentation specialist.
- Crystal Valdez, Collections, Win & Associates Medical Billing Services, Pearland, TX
“I thought the webinar was helpful.”
- Jaime Rodriguez, Coding Consultant, Memorial Sloan Kettering, New York, NY
“The webinar has very good material and the presenter was very knowledgeable.”
- Robin Emrick, Corporate Compliance Officer, Union Hospital, Elkton, MD
“The speaker had a good tone of voice, and answered the questions offered.”
- Linda Zytynski, Accountant, GCIA Shady Lane Home, Clarksboro, NJ
“Very well presented!”
- Walter Grady, Chiropractor, W.P. Grady Chiropractic, Toledo, OH
“The materials provided were excellent!”
- Dorrie Paquin-Brown, Director Of Special Programs, Suncoast Community Health Centers, Brandon, FL
“The speaker was well spoken, and has a vast knowledge of ABN's. All the material was covered clearly, and was explained very thouroughly.”
- Kimberly Long, Coder/Biller, Decatur Ent Associates, Decatur, AL
“It was very informative and we learned some things that we were not aware of.”
- Cori Fullner, Practice Manager, Columbus Orthopedic & Sports Medicine, Columbus, NE
“It was a good basic overview.”
- Nancy Smith, Director Of Clinical Services, Heaton Eye Associates, Tyler, TX
“I thought the webinar was helpful to reinforce my knowledge of ABN.”
- Telisa Lyons Washington, Director Patient Access, Jackson Health System, Miami, FL
“Very good and detailed!”
- Vicki Etheridge, Practice Manager, Polley Clinic Of Dermatology, Wilson, NC
“Clear, concise data presented"
- Eggla Mackinney, Executive Assistant to Compliance & Rights Officer, The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD, Houston, TX