E/M: Boost Levels For Extra Patient Time
You are probably not getting paid for the extra time your providers spend counseling/talking to your patients. In fact, you may have thought that there was no use tracking this time because you were not going to get paid for it anyway.
I’m happy to say, you were wrong…
The extra time your providers spend talking to patients and their families can really add up, and if you’re not being paid for it, basically you are seeing patients for free. Who can afford that? There is an answer, and Lynn Handy LPN, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P. CPC-I, CHC, expert coding consultant, will give you the proven tactics you need to get paid for the extra time spent counseling/talking to your patients and their families. She’ll walk you through the process step-by-step so you can increase your reimbursement, reduce your denials, and ensure your claims are compliant.
*If you prefer to pay by check, please print and send in this order form.
Here are just a few of the challenges you’ll be able to overcome after completing Lynn’s training session:
• Boost your E/M levels with proven documentation tactics so you can get paid for the added time of talking to and counseling your patients
• Ace incident-to coding so your NPPs can get paid for more of the added time they are providing too
• Psych Codes vs. E/M Codes know the difference and get paid
• Get the down-low on the new 2016 changes to Prolonged Services
• Utilize 2015 Chronic Care (99490) and Complex Chronic Care (99487, 99489) Management codes to get paid for your sickest, time-consuming patients
• Improve your reimbursement for collaborative care and case management
• Master tracking and documentation techniques that allow you to include patient phone calls in your calculations
• And so much more…
Whether your internist or family practitioner is coaching family members on how to deal with their geriatric parent’s memory issues, your ob-gyn is spending extended time with a stressed out new Mom or your pediatrician is talking to an adolescent patient whose parents are concerned about depression, you deserve to be paid for this extra time service. The key is you must learn how to incorporate this extra time into your current coding. This is the only way you’ll get paid for the this added time your providing to your patients.
Don’t file another E/M claim without completing this practical, how-to session. Don’t wait, order today.
Lynn Handy, (CPC, CPC-I, CPC-H, CCS-P, LPN, CHC)
Senior Director of Professional Coding and Educational Services for Altegra Health
Lynn manages all Professional Coding and Education services at Altegra Health that includes Provider Compliance audits, concurrent coding, Risk Adjustment Data Validation Audits, RADV services and provider education that includes ICD-10.
Lynn has been in Health Care for over 30 years with a clinical nursing background and many years of managing Family Practice, Internal Medicine and Psychiatric group practices. Lynn speaks at national conferences to include AAPC, AHIMA, CHIA, AHIA, HFMA and MGMA.