Your patients’ information is at serious risk of being breached.
Healthcare specific data breaches occur about every two days, and account for 46.2% of all US data breaches. Based on these statistics, this isn’t something that just happens to someone else’s practice. The odds are REAL that it will happen to you (if it hasn’t already).
And it isn’t just the patient that suffers when their information is stolen. Your practice will most certainly suffer too. If a breach occurs you can count on losing patients, getting flagged for a HIPAA audit and potentially paying hefty fines (i.e. State Attorney General fines have ranged between $150,000 to $6.8 million). Unless you do something about it
That’s where Tod Ferran, CISSP, QSA, a Certified Information Systems Security Professional and Qualified Security Assessor, comes in. Tod has presented a 1-hour online training session that will give you the practical, step-by-step solutions you need to protect both your patients’ personal information and your practice’s survival.
Can you really afford not to take the time to protect yourself from a data breach? Having your patients’ information stolen can have a devastating effect on the health or your practice. Here are just a few examples:
1. Patient Loss: 1/3 of all patients that have their data breached leave that practice and go to another one.
2. HIPAA Audit: After a breach, you can bet HIPAA will come knocking on your door ready to conduct an audit
3. Legal Battles: Patients can now sue practices directly for HIPAA breaches for monetary damages By investing just 1-hour of your time, you can gain the tactics needed to head off a nightmare for your patients and your practice.
Hackers are counting on the fact that your staff are overburdened and your security requirements are sometimes neglected. They consider your medical practice an easy mark. Hackers believe you have a lack of technical security knowledge and understanding of HIPAA security. Don’t let the hackers win.
Here are just some of the practical solutions you’ll be able to put into action by ordering Tod’s online training:
1. Head off business associate unauthorized accesses (which account for 30% of all breaches)
2. Don’t let staff’s personal access to social media “invite” hackers in
3. Simple username and password tactics that will keep hackers guessing
4. Manage internal PHI access more closely and reduce your risk of a breach by 85%
5. Head off terminated staff from “taking it out” on your patients
6. Significantly reduce the risk of current employees taking patient PHI for personal gain
7. Stop remote access programs from giving hackers an open door to your patients’ information
8. Identify all possible breach points both internally and externally so you can take action before a breach occurs
9. Make sure your cloud-based storage system isn’t leaving you wide open to hackers
10. Email patient data without a worry that their information will be taken
11. And so much more…
Don’t wait, order today.
Tod Ferran, CISSP, QSA
Tod Ferran is a Security Analyst for SecurityMetrics, Inc. With his 25 years of IT security experience, he provides security consulting services and HIPAA/PCI compliance assessments for organizations throughout the United States and across the globe. Prior to joining SecurityMetrics, Ferran held the president position for several successful managed service providers and directed software/security development teams in the US, India, and Netherlands.