You can increase your reimbursement for Medicare Advantage (MA) and ACA insurance claims with accurate risk-adjustment coding – if you know how…
It’s your patients’ risk scores that are key. Medicare Advantage payments are driven by accurately reporting Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) diagnosis codes. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, when you only can use about 13% of diagnosis codes, making sure you’re really reporting how sick your patients are so you can be paid accurately can feel impossible.
During a 60-minute online training session, Brenda Edwards, CPC, CDEO, CPB, CPMA, CPC-I, CEMC, CRC, AAPC Fellow, can show you how to more accurately apply HCC diagnoses to your patients’ ailments so you don’t undercut the reimbursement you rightfully deserve.
Here are just a few of the tactics you’ll receive by taking advantage of this practical, step-by-step online training session:
- Meet strict plan documentation requirements and improve compliance
- Conduct a risk-adjustment data evaluation and self-audit to avoid reduced payments
- Pin down the top conditions that cause coding errors
- Incorporate risk-adjustment coding tactics to your ACA plan claims and boost pay-up
- Discover how risk-adjustment scores are calculated and tied directly to payment levels
- And so much more…
Accurate risk-adjustment coding focuses on how sick your patients are versus how often they are seen or evaluated. Payments are linked directly to the documented conditions in your medical records, not to the number of visits or procedures performed. Then, your payments get adjusted when auditors double check your data.
Stop losing money on your Medicare Advantage claims. Take action now and sign up for the online training session today.
Who should take advantage of this training?
- Practice Managers
- Non-physician Healthcare Professionals
- Coding Managers and Professionals (inpatient and outpatient)
- HIM Managers and Professionals
- Medicare Advantage Payers
- Quality Professionals
- CDI Managers, Directors and Specialists
continuing education units.
Meet Your Expert: Brenda Edwards, CPC, CDEO, CPB, CPMA, CPC-I, CEMC, CRC, AAPC Fellow
Brenda has been involved in the healthcare arena for over 25 years with experience in chart audit, coding and billing, education, consulting, practice management and compliance. She has worked closely with practices, providers and residency programs to ensure documentation is compliant and accurate. Brenda has written many articles for national publications including Healthcare Business Monthly, American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) and BC Advantage. Her humorous and engaging presentation style has made her a conference favorite at both national and regional conferences for AAPC as well as local chapter meetings across the country. Brenda is also an AAPC workshop and webinar presenter. Brenda became a Certified Professional Coding Instructor (CPC-I) in 2001 and has assisted countless students obtain their coding credentials through the AAPC Professional Medical Coding Curriculum. She is also an AAPC ICD10-CM/PCS Training Expert.
She served on the AAPC Chapter Association Board of Directors from 2010-2014 and held office as Chair. She has been intimately involved in the development and continuation of the Hardship Scholarship Program for AAPC. Mentoring fellow members of AAPC is a passion for her. She is co-founder of the northeast Kansas (NEKAAPC) AAPC chapter and has served many offices.
“I loved enjoyed the detailed information. I thought the webinar was very informative.”
- Kathy McCalley, Coding Consultant, FCS, Waxahachie, TX
“It was helpful in to understand HCC.”
- Jackie Royston, CPC, Rural Health Services, Whitesburg, TN
“Lots of useful information and where to look for more.”
- Carol Simmons, Manager Revenue Cycle & Audits, Adventist Physician Services, Gaithersburg, MD
“Very informative and concise. Was clear and detailed.”
- Luz Chapcha, Billing manager, Salerno Medical Associates LLP, East Orange, NJ