Medicare recently modified how you identify and bill for patients that are enrolled in the Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) Program.
ALL fee-for-service Medicare providers and suppliers, regardless of their specialty, will be affected by this change. In 2016, 7.5 million individuals (more than one out of eight Medicare beneficiaries) were enrolled in the QMB program. Accordingly, lack of compliance with these new rules will result in denials and reduction in your Medicare revenue. However, with some help you can comply with these new requirements.
Healthcare attorney and coding instructor, Jennifer Searfoss, Esq, CPOM, CHCI, CMCS presents a must see training session, QMB 2018 Requirements: Comply with New Medicare Rules. During this training, Jennifer will provide you with plain-English advice on how you can comply with the recent QMB changes.
Here are just a few of the QMB questions you’ll be able to answer after this practical, step-by-step, 60-minute online training:
- Master billing requirements for beneficiaries enrolled in Medicare Advantage
- Successfully collect Part D copayments from QMB-qualified patients
- Get paid for Medicare cost-sharing for QMBs from state Medicaid programs
- More quickly identify your patient’s QMB status before submitting claims
- Correctly utilize the Medicare Summary Notice to identify QMB patients
- Identify Medicare patients that you are unable to balance bill copays
- Determine whether registering as a HETS user will help your QMB reimbursement
- Identify what billing limits apply when issuing an Advanced Beneficiary Notice
- Pin down when you can bill a dual eligible beneficiary for statutorily excluded Medicare services
- Effectively decipher the revised QMB-specific Alert Remittance Advice Remark Codes (RARC)
- Proven resources to define CARCs, RARCs, claim status, and claim status category codes
- Better understand what the most common Medicare remittance codes mean and what to do about them
- Utilize essential tools for eligibility verification before claims leave your office
- And so much more…
If you get a handle on these new QMB regulations, you don’t have to stress over high Accounts Receivables due to low first-pass claims payments. You can pin down a patient’s QMB status before you submit your claim and avoid the denials altogether. By investing just 60 minutes of your time, you can accomplish this and so much more.
Don’t risk complying with these complex QMB Program requirements on your own. Take advantage of this expert-led online training and get the advice you need to get paid more accurately the first time.
CEUs: This program meets AAPC guidelines for 1.0 CEU. On Demand product requires successful completion of a Post-Test for Core A and all specialties except CIRCC, CDEO, CPEDC and CPMS for continuing education units.
Meet Your Expert: Jennifer Searfoss, Esq, CPOM, CHCI, CMCS
Ms. Searfoss is the founder and a principal consultant of the Searfoss Consulting Group, LLC (SCG Health) since its founding in 2011 and is focused on quality improvement, revenue cycle management and strategic planning in this post-health reform world. Ms. Searfoss is a Certified Medical Coding Specialist, Certified Healthcare Coding Instructor and Certified Practice Office Manager by the Professional Association of Healthcare Coding Specialists.