MACRA is here to stay. Failing to participate or to submit accurate data really isn’t an option, unless you want to continue to see your Medicare reimbursements drop.
Most likely, you’ll be submitting your data under the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS). Your best course of action is to make MACRA work for you. Or, at a minimum, have it do the least amount of damage to your practice as possible.
Accordingly, it’s essential that you master the nuances of the 2019 reporting guidelines, and MACRA expert and healthcare attorney, Jennifer Searfoss, Esq, CPOM, CHCI, CMCS, can help you do just that. During her 60-minute online training session, she will provide you with EXACTLY what you need to know to ensure you are reporting your MIPS data accurately and optimally for your practice.
Here are just a few of the step-by-step, practical MIPS reporting tactics you’ll receive by taking advantage of this, 60-minute online training:
- Report more accurate MIPS data by including the most recent 2019 program updates
- Pin down reporting requirements to avoid a 7% Medicare pay cut
- Find out if you are eligible for the bonus pool and 75 points (exceptional performer)
- Identify which measures and activities are best for you to report
- Accurately utilize new MIPS jargon to better report your data
- Master significant EMR requirements under Promoting Interoperability category
- Stop MIPS published data on Medicare.gov from hurting your practice revenue
- Figure out how Stage 3 Meaningful Use fits into improving your score
- Don’t let moving Quality measures performance targets reduce your score
- Why you should implement new clinician checks on past MIPS performance
- Documentation essentials to help you survive an audit - you know they are coming
IMPORTANT: Bad MIPS data will equal less patients and less revenue for your practice. Your MIPS scores are being published publicly online for your patients to review, and Medicare is encouraging seniors to use them to choose their providers.
Right now, MACRA just affects you if you see Medicare patients. However, you can bet that commercial payers are watching Medicare’s progress in this Pay for Value system. You can expect commercial payers will follow Medicare’s lead in the coming years - they usually do.
You can get the help you need to ensure you are reporting your MIPS data in the best light possible to ensure you receive the highest allowable reimbursement and maintain your patient volume. Don’t wait, sign up for this must-attend online training session today.
CEUs: This program meets AAPC guidelines for 1.0 CEUs. On Demand product requires successful completion of a Post-test for Core A and all specialties except CIRCC and CPMS for continuing education units.
Meet Your Expert: Jennifer Searfoss, Esq, CPOM, CHCI, CMCS
Ms. Searfoss is the founder and a principal consultant of the Searfoss Consulting Group, LLC (SCG Health) since its founding in 2011 and is focused on quality improvement, revenue cycle management and strategic planning in this post-health reform world. Ms. Searfoss is a Certified Medical Coding Specialist, Certified Healthcare Coding Instructor and Certified Practice Office Manager by the Professional Association of Healthcare Coding Specialists.
“Very Clear, With Concise screens and information."
- Tracy Macomber, Credentialing Manager, Paragon Practice Management, Wilmington, NC