Coding for injections and infusion services is not only complex, it’s downright frustrating. Add this to the thousands and thousands of dollars in drug costs that can be lost if you code these claims incorrectly, and the stakes just shot through the roof. However, there is something you can do about it.
With a few proven techniques from national coding expert, Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPMA, CPC-I, CPPM, COSC, you can reduce denials and get paid more for your injection and infusion claims.
During an online training session, Lynn will walk you through how to file more accurate injection and infusion claims, and ultimately collect more of the reimbursement you deserve. For example, here are just a few of the questions you’ll be able to answer by ordering this 60-minute, step-by-step, online training:
- Is hydration separately reimbursable?
- Is hydration considered an infusion, injection or push?
- How to apply initial, concurrent and sequential more accurately to choose the right code?
- When should an injection be reported as a push?
- Which 2017 CPT codes should I use when billing these claims?
- Plus, so much more…
- Assign codes for hydration and infusion of multiple drugs accurately every time
- Get paid for more of the supportive drugs you administer with this little known tactic
- Capture the highest allowable reimbursement with quick “initial” and “subsequent” admin code tip
- Cut through the confusion of assigning infusion HCPCS drug codes
- Use readily available resources to capture optimal drug administration reimbursement
- Uncover ICD-10-CM chemo treatment guidelines to ensure you avoid denials
- Uncover included and excluded services to maximize pay-up and reduce denials
- Incorporate proven start and stop time documentation methods that your docs will really use
- And so much more…
This online training will help you pin down injection and infusion required documentation, successfully incorporate new 2017 CPT codes, and uncover additional reimbursement opportunities for these every-day services.
Coding for injection and infusion services can send even the most seasoned coder over the edge. Between the required code hierarchy, the multitude of interchangeable add-on codes, and drugs being injected and infused along with the units administered, it’s surprising anything gets paid. Not to mention the fact that infusion codes have multiple meanings, which can make getting paid accurately and optimally almost impossible.
In only 60 minutes, you can gain the tools you need to code your injection and infusion claims more accurately, reduce your denials for these complex services and boost your overall reimbursement for both the administration and drugs related to injection and infusions.
Don’t wait. If you submit even one injection or infusion claim, order this must-have training session today.
AAPC: This program meets AAPC guidelines for 1.0 CEUs. On Demand product requires successful completion of a Post-Test for Core A, CEMC, CIC, CIMC and CFPC for continuing education units.
Meet Your Expert: Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPMA, CPC-I, CPPM, COSC
She is certified as a professional coder and practice manager. Lynn has spoken at American Academy of Professional Coders’ (AAPC) national conferences, workshops, and audio conferences and is a former member of the AAPC’s National Advisory Board. She is also the founder of her Local AAPC Chapter.
Lynn is the Senior Director of Coding Compliance and Education for Healthcare Information Services, a physician billing service. She has 30-years experience in all areas of physician practice management, compliance, coding and reimbursement.
“Lynn was definitely a speaker we could listen to again. You can always tell if the speaker is knowledgeable and Lynn knew what she was talking about.”
- Randa Sherman, Billing/Admin Manager, Gastroenterology Associates, PC, Gainesville, VA