You can be paid for more services performed by your Non-Physician Practitioners (NPPs) than you think.
The problem is that Medicare supervision requirements for billing incident-to claims are just plain confusing. And other insurance companies have their own set of guidelines you must follow.
So, how can you be sure you’re meeting the necessary requirements so your claims can be paid at the higher physician rate? The only way is to have a firm handle on these requirements. Otherwise, billing for your NPP services can land you in serious financial and legal hot water for fraudulent billing (especially since these fines were recently increased).
The only way you can bill ALL of your NPP services accurately, and increase your potential to be reimbursed at the higher physician rate is to master both Medicare’s supervision rules and “incident-to” guidelines. If your practice is limiting the patients seen by your NPPs, you could be limiting your revenue as well as the patient flow. This is where Kim Huey, MJ, CHC, CPC, CCS-P, PCS, CPCO, COC, can help
During a 60-minute online training session, Kim will walk you through the Medicare incident-to supervision rules that apply when your NPPs see patients. She’ll provide you with proven tactics so that you can improve the accuracy of these claims, and help you receive the highest appropriate reimbursement ethically possible for all of your NPP provider medically necessary services.
Here are just a few of the proven, step-by-step tactics you’ll receive by taking advantage of this 60-minute online training:
- Audit-proof your medical record entries regarding physician initiative to satisfy "incident-to" documentation requirements
- Maximize your NPP reimbursement by uncovering additional services to bill for
- Get paid at the higher physician rate by carriers other than Medicare too
- Breakdown supervision rules related to new vs. established patients
- Identify when existing patients can’t be billed incident-to even with your physician's direct supervision
- Stop missing out on inpatient billing, instead use split/shared visit to help capture these Medicare bills
- Identify when split/shared services’ can be paid at your doctor's rate
- Maximize your reimbursement by applying shared E/M visit rules
- And so much more….
Just knowing where your physician is when your NPP performs a service is only one SMALL piece of complying with Medicare’s supervision rules – and getting them paid at the higher physician rate.
In order to recoup more of the reimbursement you are eligible for, you must understand what supervising REALLY means within the context of your NPPs “incident to” services. But you don’t have to tackle these complicated requirements alone.
Get the information you need to master NPP supervision requirements, and get paid more accurately for these services. Don’t wait, take advantage of this practical, plain-English online training today.
CEUs: This program meets AAPC guidelines for 1.0 CEUs. On Demand product requires successful completion of a Post-Test for Core A and all specialties except CIRCC and CASCC for continuing education units.
Meet Your Expert: Kim Garner-Huey - MJ, CHC, CPC, CCS-P, PCS, CPCO
Kim is an independent coding and reimbursement consultant, providing audit, training and oversight of coding and reimbursement functions for physicians. Kim completed three years of pre-medical education at the University of Alabama before she decided that she preferred the business side of medicine. She completed a Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management and went on to obtain certification through the American Academy of Professional Coders and the American Health Information Management Association. Recognizing the important position of compliance in today’s world, she has also obtained certification as a Certified Healthcare Compliance Consultant and a Certified Healthcare Audit Professional. Kim is also an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM trainer and has recently earned a Master of Jurisprudence in Health Law. For over twenty-five years, Kim has worked with providers in virtually all specialties, from General Surgery to Obstetrics/Gynecology to Oncology to Internal Medicine and beyond. She has spoken at the national conference for numerous organizations.
Past Webinar Reviews:
“Explanations and details were thorough. Examples were well crafted. Questions were answered clearly. It was helpful and extremely beneficial to our network of practices.”
- Tanya Bruce, Coder Administration, Ivy Creek Healthcare, Wetumpka, AL
“NNP billing is so confusing. The speaker was able to draw a clear picture for me to understand.”
- Melinda Farrell, Practice Manager, Neurology Clinic, Melbourne, FL
“Well organized and detailed.”
- Lorraine McCormack, Revenue Cycle Manager, Richmond Gastroenterology Associates, North Chesterfield, VA
“Speaker was very knowledgeable and used specific examples. I felt the webinar was well prepared and timely.
- Deborah Donley, Owner, Diablo Medical Billing, Brentwood, CA
“The information was very useful.”
- Phylecya Cheatham, MD, Troy Family Medicine, Troy, AL
“Excellent. Very easy to understand. Nothing needed to do better. It was great.”
- Dawna Adams, Billing Supervisor, Marshall Health, Huntington, WV