Please note: This is a recording of a live webinar which took place in 2016. Per the presenter, contents within are still accurate and applicable today.
Effective October 1st, you’re expected to make 1900+ changes to the orthopedic diagnosis codes you use every day. If not, you risk a serious decrease in the reimbursement you receive for these services.
You don’t have to face these expansive changes on your own…
National orthopedic coding expert, Lynn M. Anderanin, CPC, CPPM, CPC-I, COSC, CPMA, will walk you through each of the ICD-10-CM coding additions, revisions and deletions that will affect your orthopedic practice after Oct. 1st, and how to incorporate them successfully.
Here are just a few of the practical step-by-step diagnosis coding tactics you’ll receive by completing this 60-minute on-demand training session:
• Master increased specificity of new cervical spine condition codes for disc disorders
• Apply new code for bilateral carpal tunnel diagnosis correctly the first time
• Stop delayed payments for periprosthetic fracture around prosthesis codes not related to injury
• Successfully incorporate nerve injury codes that eliminate unspecified in the description
• Uncover the correct usage of new atypical fracture codes in Chapter 13
• Accurately apply ICD-10-CM 7th character, even in the most confusing situations
• Overcome new Salter Harris code confusion related to the foot and toes
• Head off denials with proven tools to make CMS’ grace period expiration a smooth transition
• And so much more….
WARNING: October 1st is also when Medicare’s ICD-10-CM grace period expires. This makes incorporating these new diagnosis code changes even more important if you want to continue to get paid for your claims.
Unlike many other training sessions, this one is designed specifically to meet the needs of your orthopedic practice. It will focus only on those ICD-10 challenges specific to your specialty, so not even a minute of your time is wasted.
Meet Your Expert:
Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPPM, CPC-I, COSC, CPMA
Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPPM, CPC-I, COSC is the Senior Director of Coding Compliance and Education for Healthcare Information Services, a physician billing service. She has 30 years experience in all areas of physician practice management, compliance, coding and reimbursement.
She is certified as a professional coder and practice manager. Lynn has spoken at American Academy of Professional Coders’ (AAPC) national conferences, workshops, and audio conferences and is a former member of the AAPC’s National Advisory Board. She is also the founder of her Local AAPC Chapter.