HIPAA audits are on the rise. You’ll probably be surprised to learn that patient complaints are the number one driver behind being chosen for a HIPAA audit. And the people that most interact with your patients other than your providers are at your front desk. And the most common front desk HIPAA violations are usually for reasons you’d never think of.
HIPAA compliance makes your front-desk staff more important than ever. How they handle their everyday duties and interact with your patients can not only cause you to get audited, but it can also be the source of hefty penalties and fines that you are left to pay. Accordingly, in order to avoid a HIPAA audit, the way your front desk has always done things may not work any longer.
In only 60 minutes, you’ll receive the specific actions necessary to protect you from the most common front desk HIPAA violations – and if you don't think your office has any, think again. Michael’s session will help you ensure your front-desk staff are trained to identify violations before they get you in trouble, and successfully handle even the most challenging patient complaint.
Here are just a few of the practical front desk HIPAA tactics you’ll receive during this must-have online training session:
- Finally understand routine vs non-routine disclosures, never violate this HIPAA standard again
- Halt sticky notes from landing you in legal hot water
- Dodge discarded patient information violations – even the smallest piece of paper matters
- Stop patient HIPAA complaints in their tracks with proven protocol
- Protect customer info on your computer screen with a simple to follow policy
- Modify your check-in process quickly and inexpensively
The problem with HIPAA compliance is that it permeates so many aspects of your practice. Here are a few more examples of areas that could be ticking HIPAA time bombs at your front desk unless you take action immediately: * Social Media * Patient Information Access * Patient reminder calls * Release of Information (to both patients and other providers) * Family Member Request for Information * Prescription Pick-up * Charging patients to make copies * Addressing patients by name * Putting Charts Outside Exam Rooms * Fax Requests * Waiting Room Breaches * Etc.
No doubt about it, HIPAA is complicated. It is a massive government document, and is anything but user friendly. But in only 60 minutes, you can get everything you need to protect your practice from the most common front-desk HIPAA violations. Don’t waste another minute. Protect your practice and order this must-have training session today.
This online training is part of a 3-Part Front Desk Training Series. Please click here to learn more about this series and save $100 today!
Meet Your Expert: Michael McCoy
Michael McCoy is the managing partner of HITECH Compliance Associates and has been performing HIPAA risk assessments for the past 8 years. With over 1000 clients, Michael has a wide breath of experience in dealing with all HIPAA matters and the Office for Civil Rights. Michael’s background before going into HIPAA was 23 years in the medical field performing Administration and Marketing for outpatient radiology facilities. Michael used his experience to create a methodology that was simple to follow and cost effective for practices of all sizes to meet their HIPAA requirements.
“This is the best webinar I have attended. The speaker was wonderful!”
- Wendy Doss, Insurance Specialist, Teton Retinal Institute, Ammon, ID
“You talked about things that actually happen every day in the front office. I thought it hit on the main points of HIPAA.”
- Barbara Dyer, Office Manager, First Choice Immediate Care, Burkesville, KY
- Laura Matos, Administrator, Cesar Matos MD.Com, San Antonio, TX
- Michelle Radke, Practice Manager, The Urology Clinic.Org, Stevens Point, WI
- Michelle Rojas, MD, Grace Medical Group, Columbia, SC