If you accept Medicare payments, you are at more risk than ever of being hit with massive financial penalties due to the significant changes to the False Claims Act (FCA). And if you think they don’t affect you, think again. Last year the government exacted enormous settlements from providers related to these exact FCA changes. You must ACT NOW to comply.
These onerous legislative changes include the mind-boggling doubling of violation penalties due to the Inflation Adjustment Act. And to make matters worse, the already too long “lookback” period during which you must repay overpayments has been extended from 4 to 6 years. That means you must perform internal audits looking back 6 years to identify government overpayments and return them to Medicare by the set deadline. If not, minor overpayments will become false claims themselves under what’s being called “reverse false claims,” and you could be hit with penalties as high as $21,563 for each occurrence.
However, with some preparation and guidance by leading attorney and professional coder, David Vaughn, JD, CPC, you will be prepared to address these looming landmines, and keep them from potentially ruining your practice. During his training session, Mr. Vaughn will use real-life case examples to walk you through the related FCA regulatory changes. He’ll provide you with his expert advice on how you can prepare yourself and avoid being hit with massive penalties and fines.
- Identify what constitutes an overpayment, and how to determine if it falls in the “lookback” period
- Avoid being hit with the enormous new fine amounts which now affect Stark, kickback, and FCA violations
- Pin down who in your organization has the most FCA exposure, and head it off fast
- Know whether your appeal of a ZPIC or RAC audit allows you to avoid repayment
- Find out if money owed to you by Medicare can offset monies you owe them
- Identify Government target areas based on recent cases and how to avoid them
- And so much more…
Don’t get caught by the unknown. Learn the practical, easy-to-implement tactics you need to protect your practice from these recent regulatory and legislative changes by ordering this training session today.
CEU's: This program meets AAPC guidelines for 1.0 CEU. On Demand product requires successful completion of a Post-Test for Core A, CPCO and CPMA for continuing education units.
Meet Your Expert: David Vaughn, JD, CPC
David is one of a limited number of healthcare attorneys in the United States who is also a Certified Professional Coder, certified by the American Academy of Professional Coders (“AAPC”). David has served on the Legal Advisory Board of the AAPC and has written several coding and compliance books and manuals, and is a national speaker.
“The Speaker was engaging, down to earth and knowledgeable.”
- Jennifer Waters, Insurance Manager, The Woman's Clinic of Monroe, Monroe LA